Dave Umahi Allegedly Threatens To “Crush & Deal” With House of Representatives Member Amidst Political Violence In Ebonyi
Since the election shift, many Political opponent and friends to Ebonyi state Governor Dave Umahi who may have fallen out of favor from him has cried out over threat by the Governor to Crush and deal with them decisively.
Recall EBONYI DAILY NEWS had reported that the Senatorial candidate of the All Progressives Congress, APC, in Ebonyi South Senatorial District, Onu Prince Nwaeze alleged that there are plans by the State Governor, Engr. David Umahi to assassinate him. Prince while recounting his ordeal says he saw the Governor in one of the entourage that stormed his house around 2am and beat him to stupor and bloodied.
Also, similar crisis rocking Izzi where over 30 houses where burnt where linked as the brutal force by the Governor to cling power.
All this are coming days after the Governor David Umahi’s Campaign Organization in Ebonyi State cautioned the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, and the security agencies against rigging the March 2 governorship election in the state in favour of the of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Senator Sunday Ogbuoji.
Chairman of the strategy Committee of the organization, Chief Emmanuel Igwe, in a press release had accused INEC and the Security agencies of plotting to allocate two hundred thousand votes to the APC candidate ahead of the polls.According to him, the planned electoral fraud would be carried out through the printing of fake PVCs. He threatened that Ebonyi would be ungovernable, if the plan succeeds.
Meanwhile HON.Linus Abaa Okorie heavily representing OHANIVO in the Federal House of Representative stylishly raised an alarm over plot by the Governor to Crush and dealt with him.
Source close to Hon. Linus had told EBONYI DAILY NEWS that the Honorable member who will not be returning in the green chamber is not happy after the state Governor Connived with some political gladiators in the state to rob him off his mandate in the PDP primaries which saw the emergence of Engr Livinus Makwe as the party flag bearer.
The facebook post read thus:
Let me save this on Facebook for posterity, public knowledge and security.
Permit me to report your speech as follows:
1. That you want to “crush and deal” with Linus whether you are in power or out of power.
2. That you have “ordered Security to shoot Linus and his boys to death” on Election Day.
3. That you directed Onicha youths to start immediate attack on your “perceived enemies” immediately that they have your protection, and proceeded to release N1m cash and a “promise of 2 sienna buses” to immediately commence attacks.
4. That you will use your “superior powers” to frame certain Onicha indigenes for murder after the 2019 elections, even when you agree they know nothing about such cases.
5. That you shall rubbish all Onicha people in government for failure to instigate crises and cause confusion in the clan so as to rubbish Linus and being him down for you.
6. That you intentionally refused to reconstruct Okposi-Onicha-Isu-Nara road to diminish Linus.
7. That you will invest anything and any amount to bring down Linus and any project that Onicha people want must be on the condition that they deny and denigrate Linus.
8. That you will never forgive Prof Ogbu for supporting Nnia Nwodo, Ohaneze President, to endorse Atiku against your clear directives to the contrary. That you made him VC solely to push your political interests and agenda, including taking on any academic that acts or speaks against your interest, but he has rather remained professional and apolitical. That you now regret and wish you had made his wife the VC instead.
All powers belong to God and nothing happens to one except God approves of it. No man is God in whose hands my fate lie. Any weapon fashioned against me shall not prosper. And any evil plots against me shall be back to sender and whoever wishes me dead shall die instead. Let it be known that Prof Ogbu remains honoured and respected in Onicha and even beyond. He is an institution.
More importantly, we refuse politics of rancor, violence and destruction in Onicha. No one can break the bond of love and unity among us for any political gain. We shall overcome and witness the bright light at the end of the tunnel. Anyone that prefers violence should initiate it in his community and being his children to lead from the front.